With the concern for infection risk from both COVID-19 and the flu this year, the upcoming holiday season is an ideal time for businesses to arrange for detailed deep cleaning and disinfecting services in preparation for the new year. When many facilities are closed and most staff are away, the holidays offer a perfect opportunity for cleaning technicians to access and target areas not included in regular cleaning routines during the rest of the year.
Before the pandemic, most businesses typically focused fall cleaning programs to prepare for flu season. Now the question is, how can you protect your workplace against both influenza (flu) and COVID-19?
While the two viruses both cause respiratory disease, knowing more about their similarities and differences, and how each can spread will help you implement the necessary measures to fortify against virus outbreaks and transmission in your facility.
People are understandably nervous about going back to work as the COVID-19 lockdown is lifted. One thing for sure, however, it will not be business as usual. Everyone is on high alert for infection risk and what measures are being undertaken to address virus prevention, transmission and cross contamination in the workplace. Office and facility managers need to assure employees and building occupants that they are working in a safe and healthy environment.
School administrators are facing perhaps their most difficult fall season ever. Getting back to school has never been more uncertain or complicated. Ensuring the safety of students and faculty during the COVID-19 pandemic has raised some challenging questions, many of them about cleanliness and disinfection. Infection control in schools is always a concern because of influenza and bacteria such as MRSA and C. diff, but COVID-19 presents new questions. Principals and school boards are seeking information and they often turn to commercial cleaning professionals for the answers.
One thing the world has learned from the COVID-19 pandemic is that most businesses were not prepared for infection control within their facilities. To address the concern for infection risk as businesses return to work, ServiceMaster Clean has developed a comprehensive, science-based cleaning and disinfecting program to provide preventative health and safety services in the workplace. PROTECT-3 ADVANCE™ is a full-spectrum cleaning and disinfection system, designed to reduce risk and provide continued protection against infectious outbreaks in all types of work environments.
- Getting Back To Work: Keeping Your Office Safe
- EPIDEMIOLOGY: THE BASIC SCIENCE OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- Office Disinfection: How To Prepare
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, Sanitizing, Sterilizing. Know the Difference.
- Preventing the Spread of Infection in the Workplace
- Disinfecting Hard and Soft Surfaces In The Workplace
- Taking Steps to Reduce the Risk of Cross-Contamination at Work
- STOP THE SPREAD THROUGH PROPER HAND WASHING
- Germ Spread and How to Avoid It
- Targeted Commercial Cleaning and Disinfecting Can Help Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus COVID-19
- Flu Season: This year could be one of the worst
- 5 Tips for Office Safety This Winter
- Post-construction cleaning offers fresh start
- Common Causes of Basement Flooding
- Flood Preparedness. Are you ready?
- Home Fire Safety and Prevention
- Something to be said about longevity
- Clean and Complete in CFM&D Magazine
- 5 Cleaning Tasks to Tackle This Fall
- IFMA Toronto Chapter Golf Tournament
- Don’t miss us in FC&M Magazine
- Mold Prevention after Water Damage
- Share spaces, not germs
- Is There a Difference Between Mold and Mildew?
- Proud Sponsor of the 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts
- IFMA Toronto Chapter Golf Tournament
- Reduce the Risk of Basement Flooding
- Is your cleaning company insured?
- I Can See Clearly Now…
- Improve Your Building Security
- Post Construction Cleaning: Providing The Finishing Touch
- Cleaning for health
- Protecting Your Home From The Perils Of Water: Gutters, Eaves & Downspouts
- 6 Best Practices to refresh your office this spring
- Evaluating Commercial Cleaning Contracts
- The bottom line on the flu season…
- Something in the Air: Airborne Allergens
- Celebrating 60 Years!
- Childrens Rehabilitation Centre Algoma
- Sault Female Hockey
- Slowing The Spread of the Office Flu
- Extra. Extra. Read all about us…
- Keeping It Clean in a "Hotelling" Environment